Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Positive reinforcement really works

Okay, since I've actually gotten 2 comments (2 more than I ever expected), I am compelled to enter another post.
Last month I turned 50...how can that be...I can remember my mother turning 50...how can I be 50? But it's not necessarily a bad thing. I can buy senior tickets at the theatre, because let's face it, a 16 year old doesn't know a 50 year old from a 60 year old. I can go for the early bird special at my favorite steakhouse (even though I haven't actually been to a steak house in 25 years). I can speak my mind and nobody will care, they'll just write it off to "look, the crazy old lady has lost it again". So, you see, it's not so bad turning 50. And, as a friend of mine said to me on my birthday, "We baby boomers are not going down easily". After all, we brought the world The Beatles, Jazzercise, Woodstock, and Ben and Jerry's...what could be better?

4 comments:

torontopearl said...

40?

cruisin-mom said...

how about 29 (and holding!)

Stacey said...

Glad to hear that 50's not so bad...since 40 is lurking not so far away from me.

Love your blog!

cruisin-mom said...

Thanks Stacey! (and the 40's are great!)